The most versatile model in our collection
The TYRO wheels are developed for maximum versatility. Not only because these wheels are available in almost all possible variants, but especially because they can be used in all conditions and on every surface.
Thanks to its low weight starting at only 1640 grams, the TYRO meets great performance in both the flat countries and the high mountains. Optimized for high speeds with a lateral stiffness for winning sprints and improving your personal records on every col.
Some unique USP's we definitely don't want you to miss:
- The TYRO features a "Ratchet" hub instead of the "Pawl" system that almost every other wheel brand uses in this price range. The Ratchet system provides faster engagement, is more durable and requires less maintenance. Build to last!
- The TYRO wheels meet exactly the same build quality as its big (and more expensive) brothers, the RAW and the RYOT.
- The TYRO is manufactured entirely in-house by our expert wheel builders, and each wheel is carefully polished and checked before being shipped.
Modern tubeless ready full carbon rims
The 45mm carbon rims of the TYRO Rim Brake are equipped with all modern requirements. The internal width of the rim is optimized for mounting tyres up to 44mm, making the TYRO suitable for both road and gravel bikes. That's why we talk about maximum versatility! By default, the TYRO rims are tubeless-ready and the wheels are always supplied with tubeless tape mounted and tubeless valves in the box.
Full carbon wheels for rim brakes
Anyone who thinks bicycles with rim brakes have passed away, and the production of wheels made for bicycles with rim brakes stopped is wrong! Although the advance of disc brake bicycles, there is still a higher number of bicycles ridden with rim brakes. Reason enough for FFWD to stay the modern TYRO wheels for bicycles with rim brakes available in the collection.
Choose custom colors for your TYRO wheels
The standard decals in shiny black naturally look good on any bike. But imagine your TYRO wheels with custom decals in colors that perfectly match your bike. How cool is that! Especially for the TYRO series, we have custom decals available in no less than 17 colors that you can easily apply yourself.
When you order a pair of (new) TYRO wheels here, the color option is free of charge! Just add them to your cart and the amount will automatically be deducted!
Rock solid FFWD hubs
High-quality hubs with minimum rolling resistance, low maintenance frequency, and optimal durability. The TYRO Rim Brake is equipped with our own brand FFWD hub, which provides you with stable and reliable quality at the best possible conditions. These FFWD hubs have a standard quick-release mount.
What's in the box
- TYRO Rim Brake wheelset (front and rear)
- Pre-installed tubeless tape
- Tubeless valves
- SwissStop Black Prince brake pads
- FFWD Quick-release set
- Super Fast Delivery Shipped directly! If not on stock we will build and ship the next day. All to make you Go Fast as soon as possible!
- Three Year Warranty FFWD warrants its products for a period of two years after the date of purchase. An additional year of warranty (three year total) is rewarded to all FFWD riders who register their wheels.
- 100 Days Free Trial For all wheelsets bought directly from our webshop, we offer a 100 days free trial and return policy with full refund.
- Premium Service High quality and the fastest personal service to get you back on your bike as soon as possible!
- Crash Replacement We offer a unique service for those who crashed their wheels. Contact our service department for the possibilities!
- Worldwide Shipping All wheelset orders are free from shipping cost, no matter where in the world you live! (Shipment by UPS)